Our helical-bevel servo gear units are ATEX-compliant and belong to equipment group II. They’re reliable, durable and low-maintenance: the ideal foundation for a wide variety of servo drive solutions in potentially explosive atmospheres.
ATEX-compliant, versatile and compact
Your application is in a potentially explosive atmosphere and you need torques in a range from 40 Nm to 1220 Nm? Then we recommend our ATEX-compliant, low-backlash BS.F helical-bevel servo gear units. Their permitted acceleration torque ratings are significantly higher than these values.
With six sizes and five output variants, this series is incredibly versatile. With a compact build, the BS.F helical-bevel servo gear units have a low rotational clearance, even in the standard versions. You also have the option of reducing the rotational clearance further. Rotational clearance will remain consistently low for the entire servo gear unit service life due to the wear-free operating performance and high-endurance design of the running gears.
Only half the solution without a motor? Then use our sophisticated modular concept and combine the explosion-proof servo gear units of the BS.F series with the explosion-proof servomotor of your choice.
Configure your individual product
Low rotational clearancethanks to the high torsional rigidity of the gearing geometry throughout the entire gear unit service life.
Large gear ratio rangethanks to the helical input stage combined with a hypoid output stage.
A perfect combinationwth the B5 mounting flange that optimally integrates the drive unit into every application.
- Servo gear units comply with Directive 94/9/EC (ATEX), or as of April 20, 2016 of the EU Directive 2014/34/EU (ATEX), equipment group II, categorie 2, variant II2GD
- For use on the European market
- Accepted in China
- Accepted in Russia in combination with EAC certificates (formerly GOST-R)
- Certified protection types:
- Protection type “c”: Protected by safe construction (design safety), EN13463-1 and -5
- Protection type “k”: Protected by liquid immersion, EN13463-1 and -8
- Standardized robust covers as shrink disk covers on the gear unit
- All screws are secured against automatic loosening
- Gear unit has a separate nameplate
- High-quality oil seals
- Lubricant can withstand high temperatures
- Low-backlash ATEX-compliant helical-bevel servo gear units
- Designed for torques from 40 Nm to 1,220 Nm
- All variants with B5 mounting flange; foot-mounting and torque arm are optional (can be optionally integrated into the relevant application)
- The rotational clearance remains constant over the entire gear unit service life
- Available in five output variants:
- BSF: Solid shaft
- BSKF: Solid shaft with key
- BSBF: Flange block shaft (EN ISO 9409)
- BSHF: Hollow shaft with shrink disk
- BSAF: Hollow shaft with key (shaft-mounted gear unit)
- In a servo gearmotor version with ATEX compliance
BS.F series explosion-proof helical-bevel servo gear units
|202||40||3 / 4 / 6 / 8 / 10 / 15 / 20 / 25||6 1) / 3 2)|
|302||80||3 / 4 / 6 / 8 / 10 / 15 / 20 / 25 / 30||6 1) / 3 2)|
|402||160||3 / 4 / 6 / 8 / 10 / 15 / 20 / 25 / 30||6 1) / 3 2)|
|502||320||3 / 4 / 6 / 8 / 10 / 12 / 15 / 20 / 25 / 30 / 35||6 1) / 3 2)|
|602||640||3 / 4 / 6 / 8 / 10 / 12 / 15 / 20 / 25 / 30 / 35 / 40||6 1) / 3 2)|
|802||1220||3 / 4 / 6 / 8 / 10 / 12 / 15 / 20 / 25 / 30 / 35 / 40||6 1) / 3 2)|
Areas of application
- Applications in potentially explosive atmospheres with air/gas or air/dust mixtures according to Directive 94/9/EC (ATEX), or as of April 20, 2016 of the EU Directive 2014/34/EU (ATEX)
- Applications with equipment categories II2GD
- Use with air mixtures
- With gases (G): in zones 1 and 2
- With dusts (D): in zones 21 and 22
- Load bearing devices in stacker cranes
- Handling gantries
- Incremental launches
- Tire, rubber and plastic processing machines
- Conveyor belts
- Travel axes, additional axes
- Cutting, punching, welding and embossing films, wood or plastic