Wide range of variants and compact design: The explosion-proof F..EDR.. parallel-shaft helical gearmotors are the perfect drives for materials handling technology and process engineering. They ensure protection and drive power in potentially explosive areas.
Protection and compact design – all in one component
Looking for a compact and safe drive solution for potentially explosive areas? The F..EDR.. parallel-shaft helical gearmotors are ATEX-compliant, ensuring you're always on the safe side.
Due to their design, the standard parallel-shaft helical gear units from the F series save installation space. Combined with the EDR.. motors, the result is a complete ATEX-compliant gearmotor in accordance with equipment group II in categories 2GD or 3GD.
Our explosion-proof F..EDR.. parallel-shaft helical gearmotors can thus be used without any difficulty for all your applications in sensitive gas zones 1 and 2, as well as dust zones 21 and 22. You won't have to compromise with these gearmotors – instead, you get continuous protection and compact drive power.
To ensure maximum power variation, 10 different motor sizes deliver a power range from 0.12 kW to
This way, you'll always find the right solution for your materials handling technology and process engineering systems, particularly if you're looking for high performance within a small area.
Configure your individual product
Protection guaranteedThese drive components – and thus the entire gearmotor – are ATEX-compliant.
Utilize limited spaceOur F..EDR.. parallel-shaft helical gearmotors have a compact design and efficiently utilize available space.
Optimize powerThe modular design enables a number of different combinations of EDR.. motors and parallel-shaft helical gear units.
Explosion-proof parallel-shaft helical gear units
F series – two-stage and three-stage
- Gear units comply with Directive 94/9/EC (ATEX), or as of April 20, 2016 of the EU Directive 2014/34/EU (ATEX), equipment group II, category 2
- For use on the European market
- Accepted in China
- Accepted in Russia in conjunction with EAC certificates (successor to GOST-R)
- Certified protection types:
- Protection type “c”: Protected by safe construction (design safety), EN13463-1 and -5
- Protection type “k”: Protected by liquid immersion, EN13463-1 and -8
- Standardized robust covers as shrink disk covers on the gear unit
- All screws are secured against automatic loosening
- Gear unit has a separate nameplate
- High-quality oil seals
- Lubricant can withstand high temperatures
- Slim design for limited installation space
- Also available with reduced backlash
- Available versions:
- Foot-mounted or flange-mounted
- B5 or B14 flange-mounted
- Solid or hollow shaft
- Hollow shaft with keyed connection, shrink disk, splined hollow shaft, or TorqLOC®
Explosion-proof AC motors
- Compliant with EC Directive 94/9/EC (ATEX), or as of April 20, 2016 of the EU Directive 2014/34/EU (ATEX) and IECEx
- Can be used in categories 2G, 2GD and 3GD, 3D for zones 1 / 21 and 2 / 22
- Also available as brakemotor in category 3
- Conform to the efficiency class IE2
- In accordance with IECEx to EPL Gb and Db as well as Gc and Dc
- In accordance with the IECEx Certified Equipment Scheme, EDRS and EDRE motor types are audited and certified by PTB by means of ExTr, QAR, and CoC. For more information on the certification system, see the website of the International Electrotechnical Commission.
- Operation on a frequency inverter, also in field-weakening operation, for categories 2 and 3 and/or EPL .b and .c
- According to HazLoc-NA® (NEC500/C22.1)
- Motors are certified according to the Class Division System and therefore meet the explosion protection requirements for the North American market
- Available as CID2 type, for Division 2 Class I for gas groups A, B, C and D
- Available as CIID2 type, Division 2 Class II for dust groups F and G
- Available as type /CICIID2, for Division 2 Class I for gas groups A, B, C and D and Class II for dust groups F and G
- Also available as brakemotor
- Operation with frequency inverter possible
|F.. gear units (two-stage and three-stage)||EDR.. motors|
|Gear unit size||MaMax. Gear unit
|27||130||71S4 – 100LC4||0.12 – 3.0|
|37||200||71S4– 100LC4||0.12 – 3.0|
|47||400||71S4– 100LC4||0.12 – 3.0|
|57||600||71S4– 132M4||0.12 – 5.5|
|67||820||71S4– 132M4||0.12 – 5.5|
|77||1500||71S4– 160M4||0.12 – 9.2|
|87||3000||71S4– 180L4||0.12 – 18.5|
|97||4300||80S4 – 225M4||0.55 – 45|
|107||7840||100M4 – 225M4||2.2 – 45|
|127||12 000||132M4 – 225M4||5.5 – 45|
|157||18 000||160M4 – 225M4||9.2 – 45|
Areas of application
- Applications in potentially explosive areas with air/gas or air/dust mixtures according to Directive 94/9/EC (ATEX), or as of April 20, 2016 of the EU Directive 2014/34/EU (ATEX)
- Applications with equipment categories II2GD and II3GD
- Use with air mixtures
- Materials handling applications
- Chain conveyors
- Process applications
- Screw conveyors
- Gantry cranes